AAI@EduHr is an authentication and authorization infrastructure of research and high education system in the Republic of Croatia. AAI@EduHr system has technically been implemented by use of distributed LDAP Directories. Each institution within the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports which has been included into AAI@EduHr system as a functional unit, has its own LDAP Directory where all electronic identities of users from that institution have been stored.
AAI@EduHr developed as a result of a joint project of SRCE and CARNet, supported and financed by the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports (MZOŠ). It has been in full production since March 1st, 2006.
SRCE managed the project and today independently hosts, maintains and enhances central services of AAI@EduHr and cares about the whole system. Additional information can be found at http://www.aaiedu.hr/.
- to users, individuals: simple, safe and reliable use of all resources of the AAI@EduHr system by using a unique electronic identity supplied to users by their host institution
- to institutions (providers of electronic identity): a safe, reliable and efficient management of electronic identities of its employees, associates and students
- to Service Providers (Resource Providers): greater accessibility and visibility of services with simplified administration and standardized process of authentication and authorization.
The list of central services of the AAI@EduHr system:
- Central services of AAI@EduHr: RADIUS proxy and FWS servers;
- Central information services, i.e. web servers at http://www.aaiedu.hr and http://www.eduroam.hr;
- Register of Directory Schemes (http://schema.aaiedu.hr). AAI@EduHr is based on HrEduPerson and HrEduOrg directory schemes (current valid version is 1.2) which describe persons or institutions in the system;
- Register of functional units (http://www.aaiedu.hr/sastavnice/) which ensures up-to-date information on functional units necessary for the whole infrastructure to work;
- Register of Service Providers (https://www.aaiedu.hr/aairr/) which ensures up-to-date information on functional units necessary for the whole infrastructure to work;
- Control system of AAI@EduHr (http://www.aaiedu.hr/status/) which ensures information on functioning of all system elements;
- LDAP/RADIUS hosting service (https://hosting.aaiedu.hr/) which enables hosting of AAI@EduHr component for those functional units which cannot meet the required technical standards themselves;
- Support Center which provides:
- www.aaiedu.hr as a portal for support to all categories of users,
- seminars for functional units and service providers,
- advice in using or implementing AAI technologies,
- mailing lists for administrators at functional units (admin-l [at] aaiedu.hr) i software developers (develop-l [at] aaiedu.hr);
- Program Support Repository accessible through ftp servers of SRCE (ftp://ftp.srce.hr) through which the distribution of program packages related to AAI@EduHr is distributed;
- Server of the public PGP keys with the supporting web site (http://pks.aaiedu.hr/) which enables the publication and search for PBG public keys.
SRCE has been recognized and accepted by the international partners from the academic and research community as the operator of the national AAI and is in charge of eduroam activities in Croatia.