October 7, 2020
As part of the implementation of the Croatian Scientific and Educational Cloud (HR-ZOO) project coordinated and managed by the University Computing Center (SRCE), in August 2020 work began on arranging and equipping data centers, an important element of the new generation of national e-infrastructure, that will provide the scientific and academic community with advanced computer and storage resources and digital services built on them.
The investment worth 54.5 million HRK includes the conversion of existing premises into modern data centers ready to accept ICT equipment. The works currently being performed at the locations of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Split, the dormitory within the University Campus Osijek of the J.J. Strossmayer University in Osijek, the university department within the University Campus Trsat of the University of Rijeka and the Borongaj Science and Education Campus of the University of Zagreb, will end in September 2021. After that, work will begin on the location of SRCE, which will last an additional 4 months.
The HR-ZOO project is a strategic project in the system of science and higher education in which, in addition to SRCE, the following partner institutions participate: CARNET, Ruđer Bošković Institute, J. J. Strossmayer University of Osijek, University of Rijeka, University of Split and University of Zagreb.
The HR-ZOO project is supported by the Ministry of Science and Education as a strategic project in the system of science and higher education due to the expected results important for the development of science and education.
The total value of the HR-ZOO project is almost 200 million HRK, and the project is co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund in the amount of 85%, while the remaining 15% was provided by the Ministry of Science and Education.